Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dershowitz Declares War on Soros-Financed Media Matters Site


Dershowitz Declares War on Soros-Financed Media Matters Site



Monday, February 27, 2012 07:45 AM



Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz says he’s declaring war on the left-wing, George Soros-financed website Media Matters for America over its depiction of Israel. And Dershowitz says he’s going to make it into a re-election issue for President Barack Obama.



The information comes amid recent news, according to WND, that White House staffers held regular meetings and even a weekly conference call with Media Matters on campaign strategy.



Dershowitz is particularly angry with Media Matters' coverage of Israel, especially rhetoric from Media Matters Action Network senior fellow M.J. Rosenberg, who is known for his extreme anti-Israel views.



The site uses the phrase “Israel Firster,” implying those who support the Jewish state put Israel’s needs before those of the United States.



“Not only will [the Media Matters controversy] be an election matter, I will personally make it an election matter,” said Dershowitz.



“I will speak to every Jewish group that invites me, and I think it’s fair to say I speak to more Jewish groups than probably any other person in the world. I spoke to over a million Jews over the years,” Dershowitz said. “You know, just last Thursday I spoke to 1,200; just in the next weeks alone I’ll be speaking — and in the past weeks — to thousands of American Jews. And believe me, I will not let them ignore this issue.”



Dershowitz spoke Sunday on “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio” on New York’s WABC Radio.



“I don’t know whether President Obama has any idea that Media Matters has turned the corner against Israel in this way,” Dershowitz said. “I can tell you this: He will know very shortly because I am beginning a serious campaign on this issue and I will not let it drop until and unless Rosenberg is fired from Media Matters, or Media Matters changes its policy or the White House disassociates itself from Media Matters.”





© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/dershowitz-media-matters-israel/2012/02/27/id/430618?s=al&promo_code=E475-1






No comments:

Post a Comment