Monday, January 13, 2014
The critics of Israel have had a bad quarter …
BDS Scorecard 3rd Q 2013 1) Tunisia Banished from Davis Cup for Boycotting Israel – Tennis deals a blow to the BDS Boycott 2) A Massive Legal Win In France Against BDS over Jerusalem Rail Link 3) Lockheed Martin is opening a subsidiary in Israel 4) Shurat HaDin Files Racism Lawsuit against Sydney Uni BDS Supporter 5) Beijing Businesses Looking For Products Labelled ‘Made In Israel’ 6) Israel overtakes France as the world’s 4th largest exporter of arms in the world 7) Technion scores $130m. grant for joint venture in China 8) Kuwait buys arms from Israel defends position on Al Jazeera 9) Israel’s 2 Q growth exceeds expectation 10) Facebook is opening first office in Israel after acquiring app maker Onavo 11) Germans advise BDS will not bring peace – article in Algemeiner 4th Nov 13 ... 12) The
Irish Independent reports that
entrepreneurs from “five up and coming Irish high-tech firms” are visiting
Israel to learn how businesses pulled off so many achievements.
13) Nigerian president to lead 30,000 pilgrims to Israel, according to
14) The richest man in Asia is giving $130 million to the Technion to
build a research centre in China.
15) Israel is closing consulates in Europe and replacing them in China,
where trade is increasing
16) Apple Pays 345 Million For Israeli Chip Manufacturer
17) BDS Main Websites Built Using Israeli Software Wix – journalists
accuse them of hypocrisy
18) Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Top Index Hits All-Time High - Nov 21
19) Jerusalem and EU agree on formula that allows Israel to join Horizon
2020 project – Israel the only non-EU country invited – and despite Israel
refusing to agree to paragraph denouncing ownership of west bank – EU
buckles before deadline as they need Israeli technology
20) The British coastal resort’s University of Aberystwyth lost $150,000
in tourism income by banning orthodox Jews from lighting candles on Shabbat,
a decision that forced them to cancel their annual summer visit to the
campus on the Welsh coast,
21) A French court imposed a $1,300 fine on members of an anti-Israel
group who called on supermarket shoppers to boycott Israeli products.
22) German Football Club FSV Frankfurt Ends Saudi Airline Contract Because
Of Israel Boycott
23) What Boycott – Major Musicians Rock Israel Stars - Ignore Calls For
24) Israeli Companies Added $6.2 Billion to Massachusetts Economy
25) Israel, Jordan, Palestinians to finally build Red-Dead pipeline
Project aims to provide the region with millions of cubic meters of drinking
water, while replenishing the ailing salt lake
26) Abbas Does Not Support Boycott – Slap In The Face For BDS
27) Universities Quit Us Academic Body Over Israel Boycott
28) High Profile Arab BDS Advocate Sought Israeli Medical Treatment yet
another hypocrite who directed the world to sever ties with Israel until he
needed what Israel had to offer.
29) More Fallout From ASA Boycott There also has been widespread
commentary in the media against the academic boycott, including from people
harsh critics of
Israeli policies but who view academic boycotts as both
unwise and counterproductive.
30) TECHNION WIN - Israeli Course Attracts 16,000 Egyptian, Syrian
students who have signed up for Technion first online course - in
Nanoscience - taught in Arabic as well as in English.
31) Australian Govt issues policy that pro BDS Unis will have their funds
cut – BDS advocate Prof Lynch applies for research grant – which is not
32) The Australian Newspaper publishes headlines accusing BDS supporter
Prof Lynch of ‘apartheid’ comparing “ No Jews or blacks allowed’ and
cartoon depicts BDS supporters as ‘mobsters’ and ‘bigots’
Well well …… looks like the worm is turning against BDS …. And look
forward to a wonderful year ….
Recommended reading … “Time is on Israel’s side”
Arab world in a mess, Obama’s marriage is also evidently also in a mess –
eye off the ball – doing to Israel what he should have been doing to
for your email